Whether you are new to streaming your workouts, or are a seasoned streaming instructor – we realize how important it is that the quality of your workouts is as high as possible. This article covers a list of our recommendations, as well as some from Instructors we are working with, to make sure your streams are smooth!
Best Practices for Streaming:
- Check that you have enabled Freeplay to access your microphone and camera before you start your stream
- If you are seeing nothing but a black screen when you start the stream, you likely need to allow camera access (you can do this in your phone settings!)
- Verify that you have the most recent update of the Freeplay App before you start your stream (you can do this by selecting "check for updates" in settings)
- To keep things professional, please be sure that only people involved in the workout can be seen in your stream
- Stream in an environment that is clean, has bright lighting, and a background that is not distracting
- Music can certainly be played during the stream. We recommend playing it on a device other than the device you are streaming from. Make sure your voice can be heard over the volume of the music. (More updates on this soon!)
- Check that you have a strong internet connection before you start the stream! We recommend a ping rate of no more than 100ms and upload of no less than 60mbps (you can check your internet using speedtest.net)
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a stream, please aim to do so at least 24 hours in advance. Users will receive a notification about the update
These product are by no means a necessary buy, but come highly recommended from some of the instructors streaming on our platform.
- Wide Angle Lens - this will help capture more of the room then your iPhone camera can show on it's own
- Tripod - use this to keep your phone steady and propped up in landscape mode
- Ring Light - helps to make sure your stream has bright and clear lighting
If you have used any products that has made streaming easier for you, please let us know!